Your Guide To Bottle Service In NYC
For starters, what is bottle service?
You don’t need to have bottle service to get into a club; however, if you want some dedicated real estate and are anxious about getting in, bottle service is definitely the way to go. Almost all clubs these days have VIP tables arranged throughout the club, and for New York in particular, it’s very difficult to get into certain venues as a group of guys unless you reserve bottle service.
When you get bottle/table service at a club, you are paying the club a premium for bottles, mixers, and table space/real estate. Mixers are pretty standard across most clubs – cranberry, orange juice, tonic water, limes/lemons, etc. If you want energy drinks or bottled water you’ll have to pay extra (but that amount is counted towards your minimum). In addition to bringing out the bottles, bottle service girls also help you make drinks, pour shots, refill your mixers, remove empty glasses, etc. Essentially, getting bottle service means you’re in for a good time. Check out our list of the top 10 nightclubs in New York that offer bottle service.
New York Bottle Service FAQs
How much does NYC bottle service cost?
Each table booking has a minimum spend – that is, the amount you need to spend on alcohol (and for dayclubs, food). The minimums that you are quoted never include tax/tip – which you can estimate to be about 30% (~10% tax, 18-20% tip). Gratuity is usually automatically included in the final bill at 18-20%. As such, whenever you book a table you’ll want to multiply the minimum by 1.3 to figure out how much you’ll likely end up spending. A table with $1k min will run you $1.3k, a table with $5k min will run you $6.5k, etc.
Table service in New York on average can vary from $100 – $1,000 per person depending on the venue, day of the week, event, etc.
Your price will vary based on a variety of factors– but you can follow these basic rules of thumb when thinking about how much bottle service will cost you:
- Bottle service prices start at about $100 – $125 per person at any club that is worth going to
- Popular clubs that have a lot of demand for bottle service typically charge more than $200 per person
- On the most popular nights (like during fashion week- or when celebs are in town) prices can easily reach over $1,000 per person
To find accurate pricing for individual NYC clubs, you can use the Discotech app to find upcoming events and view table service options.
What clubs in NYC offer bottle service?
The top clubs in NYC that have bottle service are:
- PHD Downtown
- Somewhere Nowhere
- Harbor Rooftop Club
- Avant Gardner Mirage
- PHD Midtown
- Hotel Chantelle
- Tao Downtown
For more information about each venue, check out our list of the best clubs in New York.
What are bottle service minimums?
When you make bottle service reservations, you must agree to spend a minimum amount on bottles in exchange for a table. Table minimums at Manhattan clubs start around $250 at the low end, and go up into the thousands for more exclusive high end clubs. If you don’t reach the spend limit by the end of the night, you will still be charged the difference.
Higher end exclusive clubs like most of those found in the Meatpacking district typically have table minimums starting around $1,500 plus tax and tip for up to 5 people.
The more people you bring, the higher your table minimum (but sometimes cheaper per individual).
Table minimums are influenced by a number of factors, and vary considerably from night to night. The only way to know for sure what a table will cost on the night you want to go out is to ask for a quote
What determines the table minimum?
There are many factors that influence table minimums- and as with any free market, the price is chiefly determined by supply and demand.
lets’ take a closer look at some of the variables in play:
- Popularity of the party – Certain weekly parties are extremely popular and frequently sell out of tables several days in advance – the more in demand a party is, the higher the table minimums go. High demand = High prices.
- Fridays & Saturdays – As a rule of thumb, Friday & Saturday parties are more popular than their weekday counterparts- hence, expect higher table minimums on these days. However, there are many exceptions to this rule.
- The size of the venue –A super popular party + tiny venue with low capacity = high table minimums.
- Big name DJs – Nights with famous DJs are when the table minimums reach the stratosphere. We have witnessed moderately sized groups spend $15k or $20k in a night when there is a famous DJ providing the tunes.
- The number of people in your group – Larger groups, larger table minimums. Minimums typically scale linearly. For example, if a group of 10 were quoted a $2,000 minimum, then a group of 20 would likely be quoted a $4,000 minimum.
- The gender mix of your group – clubs don’t like groups of all guys- so they bump up the minimums on these groups
How much do bottles cost at New York nightclubs?
We have covered table minimums, now let’s talk about the bottles themselves. A bottle of premium vodka (the most common order) runs between $325 to $600 depending on the venue. Other comparable premium spirits such as gin, tequila, whiskey or rum are similarly priced. Standard size champagne prices range between $150 up to $1,500 (for rare vintages). Prices reach towards $15,000 for Nebuchadnezzar (15L) sized champagne bottles.
Some clubs even have specialty large format champagne at Price $75,000 per bottle!
And that is pretty much everything that you need to know about bottle service prices in NYC. Bottle service is a premium experience and that is reflected in the price. Yes, the price may be high, but it is comparable to what one might expect to pay (per person) for premium tickets to a Broadway show, concert or sports event.
What are the advantages to getting bottle service?
- You get expedited entry in a VIP bottle service line
- You get real estate – a place to sit, put your things (though make sure you hold on to valuables – people often get their things stolen at tables)
- Bottle service comes with alcohol and comp’ed entry (oftentimes the cost is pretty close to getting in on general admission and buying drinks at the bar)
- If you’re a guy, you can bring girls back to your table
- If you’re a girl, you don’t have to flirt with guys to mooch drinks
If you’re looking for “bottle service clubs near me”, download the Discotech app to find upcoming events, reserve bottle service, purchase tickets, or join free guest lists at the best clubs in NYC!